Application Process for EMT Basic
- Applicants must be enrolled in Austin Community College. Click here for more information. Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to a Health Sciences program.
- The Emergency Medical Services Professions (EMSP) program is open to all students over age 18 on the first day of the semester. A health science background is not required to apply.
- Students must be in good standing with the college and cannot be on academic probation.
- Applicants must meet the Technical Standards required by the program.
- Applications are accepted throughout the year on a first come, first served basis until all seats are filled. The deadlines below reflect the optimal time to submit your application.
- If the semester in which you are applying is full, you will be placed on an alternate list. Applicants accepted as alternates and not placed during the semester for which they applied will be moved to the top of the list for the next semester. Contact Department Chair Don Gwynn at [email protected] for more information.
- Optimal application deadlines for EMSP:
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: December 15 (extended to January 5, 2024)
- Summer Semester: May 1
- If a deadline ends on a weekend, the due date will end on the next business day.
- We will accept applications past the deadline if seats remain available.
- Activate your ACC email account. All correspondence regarding your application will be sent to your ACC email address. For information on how to set up your ACC email account, please see this page.
- Complete the program-required immunizations and retain a copy of your immunization form.
- Review the mandatory online Information Session. Print and keep a copy of the post-test confirmation email.
- You must be CPR certified through The American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers (BLS). Review the CPR requirements and a list of places where certification can be obtained.
- Go to the CastleBranch website and click the link “Place Order.”
- Enter UL64im in the “Package Code” field. After entering your personal information, the system will prompt you to upload your 1-page immunization form for each of the four required immunizations. The cost to set up the account is $40.
- Next input code UL61im in the “Package Code” field. The system will prompt you to upload the following application documents:
- Information Session Post-Test confirmation email, signed
- CPR Certification – American Heart Association (BLS)
- Documents are approved when you receive a green check next to the requirement. All items must be approved in CastleBranch before your application will be accepted.
- After completing the steps above for CastleBranch (green checks = clearance), complete the application for the EMSP Basic program.
- Applications will not be accepted in person until further notice. Follow the instructions on this page to submit your application remotely.
Provisional Admission Information
Admission to the EMSP program is provisional until the following clinical requirements are met. Do not take action on these items until instructed by the department:
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screening
- TB Testing
- Health Data Form
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine
If you have concerns about events in your background, you may contact the Health Sciences Compliance Coordinator Lisa Enloe at (512) 223-5867 or [email protected].
Search the Health Sciences Website
EMS Professions Updates
Instructors and Students visiting Christus Health must be vaccinated against flu
Starting October 1, 2023, all instructors and students visiting a Christus Health facility where patient care is provided must be vaccinated against the flu. Every student or instructor already on site must be vaccinated against the flu by November 1, 2023.Read more
2023-2024 PTA Application Dates
The PTACAS opening date has been delayed. The PTACAS will open on October 15, 2023 and will remain open until May 26, 2024.Read more
RN-to-BSN Application Deadline for Spring 2024 Extended to November 6
The RN-to-BSN Program is extending the Spring 2024 to November 6, 2023. For more information, please visit the RN-to-BSN Application Process page.Read more