Mission & Goals
Consistent with the mission of Austin Community College, the faculty of the Diagnostic Medical Imaging program are committed to providing quality instruction by preparing the technologist to be employable at an entry level in Magnetic Resonance Imaging and to be successful on the National Credentialing Examination in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Upon completion of the MRI Program, the student will satisfactorily demonstrate the following entry level skills in Magnetic Resonance Imaging:
- clinical competency
- communication skills
- problem solving and critical thinking skills
- professional growth and development
- At least 90% of program graduates will successfully write the ARRT credentialing examination in MRI.
- At least 75% of admitted declared students complete the program
- At least 80% of graduates seeking employment in MRI will be employed within six months of program completion.
Search the Health Sciences Website
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Updates
The Immunization and Tests Required Form Has Been Updated
The Immunizations and Tests Required Form has been updated as of May 6, 2022. Please use the latest form when submitting your application requirements. For more information, visit the Immunizations page.Read more
MRI Program Application Period and Deadline
MRI Program applications are accepted annually from April 1 to June 15 at 5 p.m. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the due date will end on the next business day. Please visit the Application Process page for more information.Read more
ACC COVID-19 Information
Please check the Coronavirus page often for the latest information on ACC's response to the pandemic.Read more