Mission & Goals
The Occupational Therapy Assistant program at Austin Community College is committed to providing an educational program to prepare students to become competent, socially responsible, contributing entry-level occupational therapy assistants. The program will serve the Austin and surrounding communities by educating students to provide occupational therapy services to a complex, diverse population. The program is committed to encouraging contributions to the advancement of the profession of occupational therapy.
- That the graduates of the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program should have achieved sufficient knowledge and skills as to become gainfully employed at an entry-level in a variety of healthcare settings;
- That the supporting related academic coursework and the basic core Occupational Therapy Assistant curriculum will provide an optimal opportunity for the graduate to profit from further study in the profession; and
- That upon satisfactory completion of the prescribed course of study, the graduate can participate as an educated and contributing member of this community.
- 100% of OTA faculty will be consistently rated as “Good” or above by students as measured by the Student Faculty Evaluation Survey.
- 80% of students will meet all course requirements in order to successfully progress from semester to semester.
- 80% of admitted students will successfully complete the program.
- 80% of students in all fieldwork experiences will pass on first attempt.
- 80% of new graduates will rate the program satisfaction as “satisfactory” or above as measured by the Graduate Survey.
- 80% of new graduates will pass the National Board Certification Examination on their first attempt.
- 80% of new graduates will be employed in traditional or emerging practice areas 6 months post-graduation as measured by the Graduate Survey.
- 80% of new graduates will be rated “satisfactory” on job technical skills and work place behaviors as measured by the Employer Survey.
Search the Health Sciences Website
Occupational Therapy Assistant Updates
OTA Program Application Period for Fall 2023
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program application period for Fall 2023 will open December 1, 2022. Please visit the Application Process page to see the latest admission requirements.Read more
The Immunization and Tests Required Form Has Been Updated
The Immunizations and Tests Required Form has been updated as of May 6, 2022. Please use the latest form when submitting your application requirements. For more information, visit the Immunizations page.Read more
ACC COVID-19 Information
Please check the Coronavirus page often for the latest information on ACC's response to the pandemic.Read more