Application Process for RN-to-BSN Students
For additional questions about the RN-to-BSN application process, please contact Cindy Gerardo at [email protected] or (512) 223-5747.
Print this page and use it as a checklist as you proceed. The accordion boxes will expand automatically when printed.
- Applicants must be enrolled in Austin Community College. Click here for more information. Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to a Health Sciences program.
- Applicants must meet the Technical Standards required by the program.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4-point scale for all prerequisite coursework (see the section Before You Apply below for a list of prerequisites).
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4-point scale for all nursing coursework.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better before the completion deadline.
- Applicants must have an Associate Degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution of higher education that is accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency or a diploma in nursing from an institution that is accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency.
- All applicants must have a current, unencumbered Texas or an Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact RN license to begin the program.
- Must be a Texas resident for the duration of the program.
Technology Requirements for Hybrid Courses
Minimum Technology Requirements:
- Access to Internet
- A reliable computer
- Microsoft Office
- For the minimum hardware and software requirements necessary to access an online class, see the Blackboard System Requirements page.
Minimum Technical Skills:
As part of your online experience, you can expect to utilize a variety of technology mediums as part of your curriculum:
- Communicate via email including sending attachments
- Navigate the World Wide Web using a Web browser such as Google Chrome
- Use office applications such as Microsoft Office (or similar) to create documents
- Be willing to learn how to communicate using a discussion board and upload assignments to a classroom Website
- Be comfortable uploading and downloading saved files
- Have easy access to the Internet
- Navigate Blackboard, including using the communication component within Blackboard
- Spring 2024: May 2, 2023 – November 6, 2023
- Fall 2024: November 1, 2023 – June 1, 2024
- Spring 2025: May 1, 2024 – October 1, 2024
- Fall 2025: TO BE ANNOUNCED
If a deadline begins or ends on a weekend, the date will begin/end on the next business day.
Currently, the RN-to-BSN program is offered as a full-time option (3 semester) and a part-time (5 semester) option. Each Fall semester, both a full-time and part-time cohort start the program. Each Spring, there is a part-time cohort starting the program.
To view the Full-Time (3-semester) RN-to-BSN Degree Plan, click here.
- Activate your ACC email account. All correspondence regarding your application will be sent to your ACC email address. For information on how to set up your ACC email account, please see this page.
- Complete the ACC admissions process.
- Attend an optional RN-to-BSN Program Information Session. These virtual sessions are held 1-2 times per month via WebEx. For more information, click here.
- Review the RN-to-BSN website including the mandatory Program Overview and complete the post test. Retain a copy of the post test confirmation email you receive so that you can submit it with your application.
- Obtain one Letter of Recommendation from current or former nursing faculty or from employer.
- Complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better. Applicants must have completed 54 credits from the following list of general education/prerequisite courses:
- Component Area Option (see Degree Plan)
- BIOL 2420: Microbiology for the Health Sciences
- BIOL 2401 and BIOL 2402: Anatomy & Physiology (May substitute with BIOL 2304/2101 & 2305/2102)
- ENGL 1301: English Composition I
- ENGL 1302: English Composition II or ENGL 2311: Technical and Business Writing
- MATH 1342: Elementary Statistics
- HPRS 2300: Pharmacology for Health Professions
- PHIL 2306: Ethics
- Creative Arts course from core curriculum list
- HIST 1301: U.S. History I
- HIST 1302: U.S. History II
- GOVT 2305: U.S. Government
- GOVT 2306: Texas State & Local Government
- PSYC 2301: Introduction To Psychology
- PSYC 2314: Human Growth & Development
- SPCH 1318: Interpersonal Communication or SPCH 1311: Introduction to Speech Communications
During the application period (see “Deadline” above), go to the CastleBranch website and click the “Place Order” link. Enter UL64im in the “Package Code” field. After entering your personal information, the system will prompt you to upload your 1-page immunization form for each of the four required immunizations.
There is a one-time $40 fee to create the immunization account with CastleBranch. If you have submitted immunizations with CastleBranch for any other ACC Health Sciences Program, you do not have to resubmit the form. Please verify your Tdap is current or if it needs to be updated by logging in to your CastleBranch account. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Enloe at [email protected].
The e-mail that you linked with your CastleBranch account should be monitored on a regular basis during your application process. Students should have immunizations submitted at least 2-3 weeks prior to the application deadline to ensure they are complete at the time of application.
- Obtain an official transcript from any institution other than ACC where prerequisite coursework was completed.
- Complete a preliminary transcript review with the Health Sciences Baccalaureate Specialist.
- Download and print the RN-to-BSN Program application.
- Create a single PDF of the completed RN-to-BSN application along with all supporting application documents:
- Completed 2-page application
- Letter of Recommendation from nursing supervisor or former faculty
- Verification of license from Texas Board of Nursing
- Program Overview confirmation email (signed)
- CastleBranch verification showing required immunizations
- Technical Standards (reviewed and signed)
- Preliminary Transcript Review completed by Baccalaureate Specialist
- Virtual attendance at an online Information Session or Application-Focused Session
- After completing Step 2, upload your single PDF to the appropriate application submission link below:
- Inform Cindy Gerardo at [email protected] of any changes in phone number, mailing or e-mail address.
- If further assistance is needed, contact Cindy Gerardo at [email protected] or (512) 223-5747.
Search the Health Sciences Website
Professional Nursing Updates
Instructors and Students visiting Christus Health must be vaccinated against flu
Starting October 1, 2023, all instructors and students visiting a Christus Health facility where patient care is provided must be vaccinated against the flu. Every student or instructor already on site must be vaccinated against the flu by November 1, 2023.Read more
2023-2024 PTA Application Dates
The PTACAS opening date has been delayed. The PTACAS will open on October 15, 2023 and will remain open until May 26, 2024.Read more
RN-to-BSN Application Deadline for Spring 2024 Extended to November 6
The RN-to-BSN Program is extending the Spring 2024 to November 6, 2023. For more information, please visit the RN-to-BSN Application Process page.Read more