Orientation for Fall 2021 Incoming Evening & Weekend Track Students
Congratulations on your admission into the Vocational Nursing Program. In the near future, you will face many nursing challenges. Until then, you face the following to-do list. It is subject to change and you should check back periodically to ensure you have the latest instructions.
All ACC Health Sciences programs use electronic documentation collection through CastleBranch. All students are required to upload clinical requirements to their CastleBranch account. CastleBranch allows students to have lifetime access to their records and immunizations.
A copy of your Texas Board of Nursing clearance card or letter should have already been turned into the nursing office (if you have not completed this step, please do so immediately). All other requirements (including department background check and drug screen) will need to be uploaded and/or ordered through your CastleBranch account by the deadlines indicated below. No exceptions.
Print this page and use it as a checklist as you proceed through the Orientation process.
Criminal Background Check #1 – Texas Board of Nursing CBC
Deadline: July 30, 2021
This process should have been completed after submitting your application. You should have received a confirmation email from the Texas BON with complete instructions.
Criminal Background Check #2 – ACC Health Sciences CBC (HSCBC)
Order dates: May 15 – July 15, 2021
To order your criminal background check:
- Go to castlebranch.com and click “Place Order.”
- In the “Package Code” field, enter one of the following codes. These codes are for Vocational Nursing students only:
- UL85bg – Use if you do not have previous employment
- UL85emp – Use if you do have previous employment
- The cost of the CBC is about $50.
- ACC Health Sciences CBC (HSCBC) must come back “Clear” before permission will be given to register.
- Students will receive clearance from the Nursing Department, via their ACC email, to register for classes once the department has received notification of their clearance from the Health Sciences Compliance Officer. A student checking their status via CastleBranch does not constitute clearance.
- Students who have any issues with their CBC’s will be notified by the compliance officer from the Dean of Health Sciences.
The clinical requirements deadline is August 6, 2021.
To upload program-specific clinical requirements to CastleBranch:
- Sign into your account at castlebranch.com and click “Place Order.”
- In the “Package Code” field, enter UL85im2ew. After creating an account, you will be prompted to upload Phase 2 Clinical Requirements (see below).
Phase 2: Clinical Requirements
The following tests, vaccines, and certifications are required to be completed before you are allowed to practice in a clinical setting. They are to be completed and uploaded to your CastleBranch account by the deadline posted.
- BON Eligibility – Copy of the front and back of the blue card or CBC letter from the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Nursing Student Information Form – Clinical (ADN-Traditional/Mobility/LVN)
- Complete the Google form. You will receive an email with your responses as confirmation. Please check your spam/junk file if the confirmation email is not located in your inbox.
- Upload that email to CastleBranch in its entirety to meet completion of this requirement. This should be 3 pages.
- Health Data/Physical Exam Form – The Health Data form must be completed and signed by a physician, physician’s assistant or nurse practitioner.
- Health Insurance – Proof of health insurance for all health sciences students, consistent with the requirements of our clinical education partners, is required to be uploaded each semester by the posted deadline.
- This coverage is in addition to the accident insurance provided by the college.
- Students are required to keep the policy current and notify the program if changes occur. Failure to do so will result in removal from the clinical site and withdrawal from the program.
- Upload a copy (front and back) of your Health Insurance to your CastleBranch account. Coverage must cover the entire semester. If your insurance card does not show your name, you must also submit a copy of verification of eligibility from the insurance carrier showing you are covered under that policy.
- Click here to see a list of health insurance resources.
- Clinical Modules can be found on the Student Resources page. Refer to CastleBranch for detailed instructions.
- HIPAA Certification – Complete the HIPAA training module, upload confirmation email and all 3 pages of the completed HIPAA Confidentiality & Security Agreement form.
- Ascension Seton Required Modules – Complete the Ascension Seton Pre-placement Requirements Modules. Upload the completion email to your CastleBranch account.
- Student Handbook signature page – Read the latest handbook, complete the signature page at the end, and upload document. Fall 2021 Student Handbook coming soon.
- FERPA Release Form – Complete the Student Reference Request, FERPA Release, and Release of Liability form. Check each statement as appropriate, sign, and date at the bottom. To see an example form, click here.
Phase 3: Flu Vaccination
Final Submission Instructions (Clinical Clearance Ticket Issuance)
All documents in Phase 2 must be uploaded to CastleBranch by August 6, 2021. Once a green check is showing on every item, notify the Nursing office administrator Hailey Fattig, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinical Clearance tickets will be emailed to students’ ACC Gmail accounts upon verification of completed requirements. You must submit this ticket to your instructors the first week of school.
You will not be emailed a clearance ticket if ALL of your documents in CastleBranch have not been approved and show green checks.
Scheduling Period: August 1-7, 2021 only. Do not schedule your drug screen until the scheduling period begins.
All drug screens must be ordered in CastleBranch and urine specimens submitted within the timeframe. To order your drug screen:
- Go to castlebranch.com and click “Place Order.”
- In the “Package Code” field, enter UL85dt
- The cost of the Drug Screen is $27.00.
- You may pay for your drug screen now. Do not schedule your drug screen until the scheduling period begins.
Drug Screens drawn prior to the posted time frame will be invalid and will be required to be redone at the cost of the student.
Use the following chart to determine when and where to show up for orientation. Please bring a pen and paper so you can take notes. You are not required to wear your uniforms to Orientation.
|TBD||TBD||TBD||Hailey Fattig email@example.com|
All Nursing students are required to comply with set uniform and instruction materials for both classroom, clinical and lab. Students will be required to purchase the following:
The deadline for ordering your lab kit is August 1, 2021. After this date, any kit ordered will be charged an additional $30 Late Fee and Shipping Delay Service Fee. Lab kits will be shipped to the Eastview campus, not to your home. You will receive your lab kit in the Nursing Skills Lab on your first assigned class date of VNSG-1423. Be sure to order the correct lab kit for your assigned cohort. If you change cohorts after ordering your lab kit, it is your responsibility to contact the vendor directly to update the purchase. Click here to see instructions for ordering your lab kit.
Clinical Uniform and Accessories
Deadline: August 23, 2021
Click here to see a list of uniform and accessory requirements. You may order your uniform from Total Uniforms at either of their locations:
For more information about uniforms, see the Vocational Nursing Dress Code.
Estimated cost for two sets of scrubs and 2 school patches is approximately $75. A deposit of $40 is preferred at the time the order is placed.
In addition to your uniform, please purchase the following uniform accessories at any uniform or medical supply store:
- watch with a second hand
- pen light
- bandage scissors
- ball point pen (black ink only)
To see the latest Textbook List, click here.
Students enrolled in a Nursing program should not rent their textbooks. Your Nursing textbooks will be used throughout the program and it will be much cheaper in the long run to purchase books. Refer to the Textbook List for package options.
Note: The packages are built specifically for our nursing program. You will not be able to find a match searching by ISBN number. We do not recommend that students purchase the textbooks separately for this reason. There could be items included in the built packages that are not easily obtained individually. If you do decide to purchase your books outside of the packages offered through ACC’s bookstore, you will run the risk of not having all your required materials for class.
Search the Health Sciences Website
Vocational Nursing Updates
Free PCR Testing for Students & Faculty
Free PCR Testing for COVID-19 is available to students and faculty at the following links:Read more
TEAS Testing Requirements for Health Sciences Applicants
A TEAS Exam score is required to apply to the following programs: Dental Hygiene, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiology, and Vocational Nursing.
If you are not applying to one of the programs above, then you are not required to take the TEAS Exam at this time. Please refer to the Application Process page for your program to see all application requirements.Read more
NEW Application Submission Process During Coronavirus Pandemic
Due to public safety concerns, applications will not be accepted in person until further notice. Effective immediately, applicants for all Health Sciences programs except Associate Degree Nursing, Mobility Nursing, RN-to-BSN, and Sonography should follow these instructions when submitting their application and supporting documents:Read more