With data from the National Institute of Justice showing that one in five college women (and one in 16 men) will experience some form of non-consensual sexual activity by graduation, the widespread impact of sexual violence on students presents an urgent and pressing challenge for our nation’s campuses.
- ACC Counseling Offices
- ACC District Police
- ACOnline: College Campus Safety Tips: Learn more about college crimes, including sexual violence, and where and how to find information, support, and help for yourself and others.
- Safe Place — Safe Place is ending sexual and domestic violence through safety, healing, prevention and social change.
- National Women’s Shelters Directory — listing of shelters in the Austin area
- Texas Advocacy Project — Provides free legal services statewide to victims of domestic and dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
- Texas Council on Family Violence — The Texas Council on Family Violence has three main focuses: policy, support to service providers and retention.
- City of Austin Victim Services Resources — A detailed list of 24-hour crisis hotlines, victim assistance programs, support groups/counseling services and alcohol drug abuse prevention programs.