The Austin Community College District recognizes that students benefit from inter-institutional articulation efforts to facilitate the effective transfer of lower division courses to upper division institutions.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships and communications with appropriate college and university representatives;
- Develop and maintain articulation agreements with bachelor degree granting colleges and universities;
- Provide accurate and timely resources to faculty, staff and students in relation to transfer and articulation;
- Collect and maintain transfer reports tracking the matriculation of ACC students to four-year institutions;
- Provide periodic training and workshops for faculty and staff on articulation and transfer issues
The College may enter into Articulation Agreements with bachelor degree granting institutions at the approval of the President. The initial contact to develop articulation proposals will be the Office of Articulation and Transfer Resources.
The Office of Articulation and Transfer Resources will provide accurate and timely information regarding articulation and transfer to College campuses/centers, faculty and staff through the appropriate channels for students access.
The Office of Articulation and Transfer Resources will accept the initial contact from a receiving institution when a student transferring from the College to that institution is denied transfer of course credit(s). The College will follow the procedures for dispute resolution as prescribed by Texas Education Code Rule 4.27 (Title 19, Part 1, Chapter 4, Sub chapter B).Back to Top