The Austin Community College District (“ACC” or “the College”) seeks to attract the best qualified candidates to support the mission of the College. ACC is also committed to equal opportunity and shall continue its efforts to promote diversity and non-discrimination in employment through effective recruitment and selection practices.
All faculty and non-faculty positions shall be advertised by the Office of Human Resources (HR).
Non-faculty staffing table positions shall be posted for a minimum of ten (10) working days. Non-faculty positions approved for internal posting shall be advertised for a minimum of five (5) working days.
All full-time faculty positions shall be posted for a minimum of thirty (30) calendar days. Temporary full-time faculty assignments are appointments and do not need to be posted.
A multi-faceted approach to acquiring talent will be used in various forms of print, digital, and online advertising mediums. Talent acquisition includes community outreach, recruiting opportunities and job fair participation.
- HR is responsible for:
- recruiting, advertising, and the position posting process;
- coordinating the employment process with the appropriate areas/departments to ensure effective employment and selection practices;
- approving requests for non-faculty positions to be internally posted; and,
- coordinating efforts to ensure state and federal laws are applied.
- The hiring supervisor is responsible for:
- requesting the advertisement and posting of a particular position;
- ensuring the position description is accurate;
- conducting the selection and employment process fairly and equitably;
- seeking to achieve diversity in staffing; and,
- complying with all policies and procedures regarding posting of positions, selection of applicants, and hiring.