Health Information Technology Application Process
- Applicants must be enrolled in Austin Community College. Click here for more information. Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to a Health Sciences program.
- The Health Information Technology program is open to all students. A health science background is not required to apply.
- Applicants must meet the Technical Standards required by the program.
- To be accepted into the program, you must be complete or be exempt from the TSI exam. Click here to learn more about the exam.
- Applications for the Health Information Technology program are accepted on an on-going basis once all admission requirements have been met. Students are admitted based on their application date on a first-come, first-served basis. Application reviews begin on July 1 of each year for admission into the Fall semester.
- New students are only accepted in the Fall semester unless they are transferring from another program and have previously completed the required coursework elsewhere. If your application is received after the classes have filled, your application will be placed on the waiting list for the next class of new students.
- Activate your ACC email account. All correspondence regarding your application will be sent to your ACC email address. For information on how to set up your ACC email account, please see this page.
- Applicants must meet the requirements outlined in the “Eligibility” section above.
- Complete the program-required immunizations and upload a copy of your immunization form to CastleBranch. If you choose not to complete the Hepatitis B vaccination, you will need to get a copy of the Hepatitis B Exemption Form from the department chair. You will not upload the Hepatitis B Exemption Form to CastleBranch. It will be turned in with your application document.
- Complete the mandatory online Health Information Technology Information Session. Print and keep a copy of the confirmation email.
- Obtain official transcripts for coursework taken at any schools other than ACC.
- Effective Fall 2023, you must schedule an appointment with the Department Chair to discuss previously completed course work. To schedule your appointment, please email [email protected].
- During the application period (see “Deadline” above), go to the CastleBranch website and click the link “Place Order.”
- Enter UL64im in the “Package Code” field. After entering your personal information, the system will prompt you to upload your 1-page immunization form for each of the four required immunizations. The cost to set up the account is $38.
- Next input code UL62im in the “Package Code” field. The system will prompt you to upload the signed Information Session confirmation email.
- Documents are approved when you receive a green check next to the requirement. All items must be approved in CastleBranch before your application will be accepted.
Applications for the Health Information Technology program are accepted on an on-going basis. Admission is based on application date. Upon receipt of your completed application, you will be placed in the next beginning class in which openings are available.
Admission to the Health Information Technology program is provisional until the following clinical requirements are met. Do not take action on these items until instructed by the department:
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screening
- TB Testing
- Health Data Form
- CPR Certification
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine
If you have concerns about events in your background, you may contact the Health Sciences Compliance Coordinator Lisa Enloe at (512) 223-5867 or [email protected].
Search the Health Sciences Website
Health Information Technology Updates
The Immunization and Tests Required Form Has Been Updated
The Immunizations and Tests Required Form has been updated as of May 6, 2022. Please use the latest form when submitting your application requirements. For more information, visit the Immunizations page.Read more
ACC COVID-19 Information
Please check the Coronavirus page often for the latest information on ACC's response to the pandemic.Read more
TEAS Testing Requirements for Health Sciences Applicants
A TEAS Exam score is required to apply to the following programs: Dental Hygiene, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Radiology, and Vocational Nursing.
If you are not applying to one of the programs above, then you are not required to take the TEAS Exam at this time. Please refer to the Application Process page for your program to see all application requirements.Read more