Mission & Goals
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Austin Community College will be recognized as the preferred gateway to PTA education in central Texas.
The PTA Program values and respects each individual student and the community we serve. Faculty and students are guided by the principles of respect, trust, and appreciation for individual differences and strive to instill these in the students of the program.
- Every student should have the opportunity to pursue a higher education in a culture that welcomes diversity of ideas and attitudes.
- Deliver a challenging, flexible, and high-quality education to prepare students for contemporary physical therapy practice.
- Utilize open and respectful communication to achieve goals and resolve conflict.
- Diversity and cultural sensitivity within the program and in interactions with the community.
- Decision-making using evidence-based practice.
- Professional behavior that includes ethical and legal practice in physical therapy.
As a workforce/technical program, the PTA Program promotes the values, professional behaviors, critical thinking skills, and competencies that are consistent with the physical therapy profession and essential for a career in physical therapy.
- Develop technical competence, lifelong learning and professional growth for safe, effective entry-level practice.
- Instill the importance of ethical and legal practice as defined by the profession and the State of Texas Practice Act.
- Maintain accreditation requirements for licensure pass rates, graduation rates, and employment rates.
- Promote diversity and cultural sensitivity among the students and faculty in preparation for clinical practice.
- Develop sound clinical decision-making using evidence-based practice.
- Utilize current technology and equipment to deliver a comprehensive and contemporary curriculum.
Search the Health Sciences Website
Physical Therapist Assistant Updates
PTA Program Application Status
All application status letters for the 2021 application cycle have been sent. The PTA Program will begin accepting applications for the 2022 cycle starting on September 15, 2021. Please see the Application Process page on our website for the most current information.Read more
Free PCR Testing for Students & Faculty
Free PCR Testing for COVID-19 is available to students and faculty at the following links:Read more
TEAS Testing Requirements for Health Sciences Applicants
A TEAS Exam score is required to apply to the following programs: Dental Hygiene, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiology, and Vocational Nursing.
If you are not applying to one of the programs above, then you are not required to take the TEAS Exam at this time. Please refer to the Application Process page for your program to see all application requirements.Read more