The Austin Community College District shall be organized as a single college, multi-campus district to maximize efficient use of resources, and to provide a consistently high level of quality learning experiences across the district.
In accordance with Board of Trustees policy, Austin Community College District will be organized as one College with multiple campuses. Moreover, since the College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) as a single institution, the organization structure should reflect and reinforce that accreditation:
- The President and the Vice Presidents of the College shall have College-wide responsibilities.
- All subordinate organizational structures reporting to the Vice Presidents shall be organized on a College-wide basis.
- Each campus-based employee with administrative responsibilities for implementation reports to a supervisor responsible for ensuring that all College-wide rules, procedures, and guidelines in support of the single college concept are followed consistently.
- Each Instructional Dean reports directly to a Vice President.
- Assistant Deans report to the Instructional Deans and may be delegated specific-duties and tasks for administering the program. The Vice Presidents shall issue guidelines and procedures to govern the number and compensation of Assistant Deans.
- Department Chairs report directly to their respective Instructional Deans and have College-wide authority and responsibility for their programs. The Vice Presidents shall issue guidelines and procedures to govern the number and compensation of Department Chairs.
- Assistant Department Chairs report to the Department Chairs and may be delegated specific-duties and tasks for administering the program. Any proposed plan of delegation to an Assistant Department Chair by the Department Chair is subject to approval by the appropriate Dean. The Vice Presidents shall issue guidelines and procedures to govern the number and compensation of Assistant Department chairs.
- Students must be able to resolve student instructional issues on the campus they attend. Instructional Deans are responsible for developing an appropriate plan to accomplish this for all campuses.