Bria Land (Right), our MRKG 2381 Cooperative Education student, earned an Internship Champions Award for her work with Smarter Reality. Bria participated in a panel discussion during the awards ceremony as well.
Study Abroad Program, France - Fashion, where students earn 6 credit hours while studying fashion and exploring Paris. Summer 2023
ACC Marketing Department partners with New Apprenticeship to provide students and alumni with a quality option to enroll in the nation's first federally recognized Digital Marketing Apprenticeship program.
Disney, Inc offers two great programs for ACC students. 1) The Disney College Program offers a unique opportunity for paid work at Disney. 2) The Disney Professional Internships is a chance to apply classroom studies to practical experiences.
The Marketing Department at Austin Community College was one of the original departments when the college started in 1973. It was located at the Ridgeview campus and moved to the Rio Grande campus when it opened in 1975. In the beginning classes were taught mainly at night at Austin High, Crockett High and Reagan High.
The department endeavors to maintain excellence throughout the program. We provide premier courses and degree plans that give students the skills and knowledge needed to be prepared to enter the workforce and have the competencies needed. Our curriculum provides students with first-rate professional and workforce programs that result in employment in the public and private sectors. It is based on identified competencies, and strives to be socially responsible as well as addressing employer needs. Marketing degrees are specifically designed for individuals who desire to obtain employment after two years. Marketing courses are also useful electives for students in a variety of degree programs, including many of the transfer programs.
Welcome to the Marketing Department at Austin Community College
ACC Marketing Program offers the following Award Plans:
- Fashion Marketing – Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Fashion Marketing Level 1 – Certificate
- Marketing – Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Marketing Level 1 – Certificate
- Social Media/Digital Marketing Level 2 – Certificate
Note – Fashion Marketing is not Fashion Design. Fashion Marketing focuses on areas such as fashion merchandising, promotion, media marketing and public relations, while Fashion Design is the study of textiles, design fundamentals, fashion analysis, sketching, draping, pattern making and clothing construction. Visit the Fashion Design department to learn more about its program.
Over the next five years, the Marketing Department Study will shift our focus to ongoing education as opposed to terminal degrees and we will emphasize upskill and reskill for students as the Austin economy demands. Our student population and changing culture in the business world will be the key drivers for the shift. We believe critical thinking, teamwork to solve problems, effective communication skills, and digital knowledge will be at the heart of what we value and teach our students. In this digital economy, the ability to read and analyze data, strong quantitative analysis skills, understanding the importance of a creative mindset and innovation are all skills our business students must possess as we move through the 2020 decade.
We address accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion by providing more opportunities and more accessible support to all Marketing students. We are committed to increasing persistence in all ethnicities and reducing unsuccessful course completion rates for African American and Hispanic students. An example of a personalized experience has been the establishment of multilingual advising opportunities for students. Faculty support is the most critical element for inspiring students to engage in their education experience. We hope to be a catalyst for innovation. Education happens anywhere.
Austin is known as a knowledge-based creative, innovative work city. Austin is a great city for anyone with an associate degree in Marketing. A greater proportion of our society are seeing the virtues of online education but what students are not experiencing is how to integrate some face-to-face with online education. At ACC we know that good education can happen in many ways and we have a variety of options with online instruction and classroom instruction in a variety of times and places.
WHY CHOOSE MARKETING AT ACC
— Navigating college can be challenging, but not if you choose ACC —
- Best-Community-Colleges.com ranks ACC as the #1 Community College in Texas and #11 in the U.S. for Marketing.
- The Marketing Department offers a Study Abroad Program, France – Fashion, where students earn 3 credit hours MRKG 1391 (Special Topics, Collegiate Experiential Learning) and 3 credit hours FSHD 1311 (Fashion History) while studying fashion and exploring Paris.
- We collaborate with Disney, Inc. to offer paid work and internships to ACC students through the Disney College Program and the Disney Professional Internships.
- We partner with New Apprenticeship to provide students and alumni with a quality option to enroll in the nation’s first federally recognized Digital Marketing Apprenticeship program. Students may participate, while earning college credit, as part of the Social Media/Digital Marketing Level 2 Certificate.
- The Marketing Department is a Collegiate DECA Chapter, which prepares students for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management through events, competition, leadership opportunities, scholarships, awards, and interaction with business leaders and peers. Membership for ACC students is free.
- Marketing has an exemplary curriculum that is current and utilizes the latest technology which allows our students to become more effective learners.
- Marketing works with all students to achieve their educational goals. Students are advised to establish a degree plan and are encouraged to progress towards completion of their degree in a timely manner and to save time and money by not taking courses that are not relevant.
- Marketing ensures that the skills and knowledge gained will prepare students to enter the workforce and have the competencies needed to obtain mastery in the field of Marketing.
- Marketing provides small class sizes so that the instructor will have the time to provide individual attention to all students. Marketing is committed to achieving equity for all students in our program and small classes is one way to give our students individualized attention. Courses in the degree plan can be taken 100% online.
- Marketing maintains a Departmental Webpage, Facebook page, Instagram and LinkedIn and all are focused on communicating up-to-date information to our students. We understand and utilize Social Media to stay connected and relevant with our students.
- Marketing offers lower tuition costs over universities.
Austin Community College District is accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. SACSCOC is the body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states.
The Business Administration Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. ACBSP is the premier accrediting association for business schools and programs with a focus on teaching excellence.
ACC Collegiate DECA Chapter is actively involved with students through events, competitions, leadership opportunities, scholarships, awards, and interactions with business leaders and peers.
* Google Translations are provided only for your convenience. *
Please contact the department if you have any questions.