By | May 20, 2020

senate logo

THE SENATE STANDARD – ISSUE 34

ACC Full-Time Faculty Senate Website

ACC Coronavirus page

Dear Faculty Colleagues,

The semester is coming to an end, and I’ve been so busy with grading I almost forgot to send out today’s Standard!

I hope all of you are wrapping up the semester in a way that makes you smile. Have a terrific summer, and thank you for all you did this semester. It was a job well done. I’ve been proud to collaborate with such an incredible group of people.

Senate Meetings / Minutes / Agendas

5/8/20 Senate Meeting – Minutes for this meeting are now being approved by our senators. I will share them in the next Standard or in a separate email very soon.

6/12/20 Senate Meeting noon -2pm – This is the second call for agenda items for our June meeting. Please send items for consideration to me at [email protected] or to your campus senator by Friday, June 5. Details for how to join this meeting online can be found on the Senate Calendar. You can also add the event (and online joining details) to your own calendar by clicking the link above.

Newsworthy

Service Preferences for 2020-21 – I’ll be in touch soon with an email from our incoming Senate President, Wayne Butler. He’s going to request your preferences for which councils and committees you’d like to serve on next year. He’ll make assignments over the summer. Before you head out for the summer, please be sure to check your email for your chance to make these important selections. They’ll be due July 15, and I’ll share the link when I send Wayne’s note.

New Action Items [please check due dates below!]

Grades Due TOMORROW [May 20 @5pm] – Please be sure to submit your grades by the deadline so our students can access this important information.

Current Action Items (These are reminders for things I’ve already sent out):

ACC Online Commencement – ACC graduation is going online! Please join us on Saturday, June 6, 2020 @11am as we celebrate the class of 2020. They’ve been through a lot, and deserve to be recognized. Follow the link above to learn more. Remember to share this information with your students, too. Hope to see you there!

Annual Educational Level Adjustment [due July 31] – Human Resources is now going through the process of updating faculty education levels. If you received a new degree this year, please review the announcement and the form for more details.

Best,

++missi patterson