IMPORTANT NOTICE TO STUDENTS:
- Ensure you have an ACCeID.
- Activate your ACC email account.
- Make sure you will be TSI complete by the first day of class. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Students are granted permission for ONE academic year (3 consecutive registration periods).
- Passing BIOL 1308 does not meet the guidelines for granting permission to enroll in BIOL 2401 without having to successfully pass the A&P I Assessment Test. Students may submit their unofficial transcript for review. For more information, click here: https://sites.austincc.edu/biology/transcript-review/
- ANY REQUESTS FOR PERMISSION TO REGISTER OUTSIDE THE DESIGNATED TESTING DATES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
BIOL 2401 is offered in two ways and below you will find detailed instructions on how to register for either option.
- OPTION #1 is the traditional stand-alone BIOL 2401.
- OPTION #2 is the paired BIOL 2401 and BIOL 1308.
You’ll take the A&P assessment test and pass with a 70 or better in order to be granted permission to register for an unpaired section of BIOL 2401.
- face-to-face synchronous lecture & lab 16-week sections
- face-to-face synchronous lecture & lab 8-week sections
- DLS asynchronous lecture, synchronous lab 16-week section
- DLS synchronous lecture & lab 16-week sections
- DLS synchronous lecture & lab 8-week sections
** Please note if an instructor is not listed you will need to be patient and keep checking the online course schedule as we are still filling in those.
Students will not be allowed to only register for BIOL 2401 if it is a paired section. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Here’s a link to general information about the A&P I Assessment Test:
Here’s a link to Testing Center info:
Explanation of BIOL 2401 warning flags:
OPTION #1 – INSTRUCTIONS:
1.) Pay the A&P I Assessment Test fee
2.) Take the A&P I Assessment Test
To take the test on campus, go to any ACC Testing Center.
To request a proctored exam because you are not in the ACC service area, click this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeMyLbbI65NdNTa0Ta_0MFzwcnNWnsx6ezReU9R94FH0WTf5w/viewform
3a.) If you pass the Assessment Test with a 70 or better, students may try and register starting 24-48 hours after testing but please DO NOT contact the Biology Department regarding permission until at least FIVE (5) business days have passed. PERMISSION IS NOT GRANTED AUTOMATICALLY NOR IMMEDIATELY. Permissions are all granted manually for every student. Allow up to five (5) business days for processing of passing score(s).
3b.) If you fail the Assessment Test, go to ACC’s Biology Department website for suggestions on what you can do to pass. If you are close to passing, there are online PowerPoint modules for self-study, as well as a short course called BIOL 4000 that is offered through the continuing education department. If you have a low score, you may need to take BIOL 1308, a course specially designed to prepare students to successfully pass the assessment. If you fail the assessment twice, contact Linda Dehning, the ACC Biology Department’s head administrative assistant, before you attempt the assessment again! The biology department wants to set you up for success! Students are limited to three (3) A&P I attempts per testing period.
— OR —
You’ll need to request permission to register for a paired BIOL 2401 and BIOL 1308. No assessment test is required. You’ll request permission via Google Form. Students will not be allowed to only register for BIOL 2401 if it is a paired section. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The BIOL 2401 and BIOL 1308 classes are paired together by the Biology Department (students do not mix and match their own BIOL 2401 and BIOL 1308 classes) and taught in an integrated manner, allowing students to take both courses simultaneously during a single semester and earn a unified grade for both.
Here’s a link to information about the paired:
OPTION #2 – INSTRUCTIONS:
1.) Request permission by clicking this link to register Fall 2023 for paired BIOL 2401/BIOL 1308: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9VBPNpBI-ae55893HiNIJGeDmLh1PVcmapGgaNsO6Wj_-TA/viewform
2.) Please note that permission is granted for ONE semester only; you will need to request it again for subsequent semesters. Every student requesting permission for the paired BIOL 2401 and BIOL 1308 will be granted permission. If you have submitted the Google Form, students may try and register starting 24-48 hours after submitting the form but do not call the Biology Department regarding permission until at least FIVE (5) business days have passed. PERMISSION IS NOT GRANTED AUTOMATICALLY NOR IMMEDIATELY. Permissions are all granted manually for every student. If it has been more than 5 business days since you submitted your request and you are still unable to register, please contact the Biology department at (512) 223-3322 as there may have been an issue in processing your request.Back to Top