- Keep in mind that the decision to accept a student as an informal transfer is at the instructor’s discretion. If an instructor declines your request, please be considerate of their decision. It’s important to understand that these requests aren’t handled automatically or guaranteed.
- Both instructors must agree to the informal transfer. To help expedite the processing of your request, we strongly advise you to email both instructors requesting permission to do an informal transfer. Taking this proactive measure will significantly enhance the likelihood of a timely response from both instructors and the Biology department. We highly recommend that you seize this opportunity to maximize your chances of success. In turn, the Biology department can promptly process more requests efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Due to fire and safety guidelines the Biology Department WILL NOT OVERLOAD any lecture & lab class or lab only class that is held face-to-face.
- Informal transfer request will be processed starting on the second week week of the semester.
As of Fall 2014, “students cannot enroll in a course after the teaching session has started if they have not already registered for any courses in that teaching session.” ~ ACC ends late registration for new students (posted on 06/23/2014) Students are encouraged to register for courses in a teaching session that starts in a later session. All informal transfer requests submitted after census/official reporting date (last day to drop without a W) will NOT be processed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Kindly note that our process ensures that we review each request in the order they are received to ensure fairness. Please be patient as we follow this process and refrain from reviewing requests out of order. Reviewing another request ahead of yours would not be fair and vice versa, as we uphold a strict first-come, first-served policy. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in following our process.
BEFORE reaching out to the requested class instructor or the Biology department for assistance students should:
Obtain the following information:
- your ACCeID (i.e. 0101010)
- course name (i.e. BIOL 2401)
- section number (i.e. 001)
- course synonym (i.e. 55225)
- name of the instructor for the course they would like to add
There are a few things to consider:
- DO NOT DROP the course you are currently registered in. You will remain registered in this course for the remainder of the semester. After you receive a notification approving your informal transfer request, you may begin attending the requested class.
- The informal transfer process only allows for transfers between equivalent courses and within the same session. This means both classes must have the same start and end dates, you can not have one 8-week session course and one 16-week session course. This also mean that you cannot request an informal transfer from BIOL 2404 to BIOL 2401. Instead, you must find another section of BIOL 2404 for the request to be considered.
- The cost of a textbook, the required textbook(s) if you decide to change instructor or instructional method may increase the cost of your class.
Blackboard access will take up to 24 hours after the paperwork has been processed.
It is your responsibility to work with the instructor to get caught up with the rest of the class.
1.) Contact both instructors via email and request permission to be added to the requested class as an informal transfer. Include complete class information (i.e. BIOL 2401 001 55525).
2.) After you have permission from the both instructors, students can forward the email granting permission to Linda Dehning via email at [email protected]. Be sure to include your ACCeID, when communicating with staff, so that we can find you easily in the system.
3.) Wait patiently. Once your request is reviewed, you will receive a notification letting you know if your request was granted or declined.Back to Top