By | March 12, 2020

senate logo

Dear Faculty Colleagues,

I’m writing with a reminder from Mike Midgley. He requests that ALL faculty members, whether they do or don’t have online access from home complete the ACC tech survey by Friday, March 13. Access to the survey: https://forms.gle/rT4QX25sYmUatuE99

I’ve also been compiling a list of resources for transitioning classes to online should that become necessary. Some were listed in the last Senate Standard, and I received a few more from Michelle Fitzpatrick from TLED. I’m including the full list below so you can have it in one place.

As we move into spring break, I know that many of you are concerned about this global health crisis. I share your concern, and send my hopes that you are following best practices for social distancing, handwashing, and otherwise taking care of yourselves. Please remember that we can also help by reminding our students that taking care of themselves is the most important thing. Consider clearly telling your students that they can and should stay home if they are sick.

I also want you to know that while we are on spring break next week, our administration is planning to meet to continue monitoring the COVID19 situation. Keep your eyes peeled for any updates that may come to you via email.

I send you all best wishes for health and peace of mind. At tough times like this, I feel lucky to be a part of a supportive community of learners like ACC.

Resources for transitioning classes to an online format

New from TLED:

TLED is hopefully a one stop shop for faculty on moving to online resources.

Also, the librarians shared these great resources for students who may not have internet access at home:

From Senate Standard 25:

COVID-19 Updates – The college is working hard to keep us all updated on the emerging situation with this virus. This week, I’m providing several things that you may find helpful. I’m grateful to our administration for keeping us in the loop with all these extra resources.

Best,

++missi patterson