ACC Scholarships – application deadline May 1
A number of scholarships are available. Many are offered to all students, regardless of their area of study. For details on how to apply, visit the ACC Scholarships page. A list of scholarships is at austincc.academicworks.com.
ALL BCT students are encouraged to apply for one or more scholarships. Tips on writing the application essay.
Be aware that…
- A letter of recommendation from an instructor (optional) can help your application stand out from others.
- If you apply for one scholarship and don’t receive that one, you are automatically considered for all other scholarships for which you are eligible
- Scholarship awards look great on resumes. Apply!
- Many scholarships are for one academic year. If you receive a scholarship during your first year, you can reapply during your second year at ACC.
$2,500 (or more – amount may change) Grainger Technical Scholarship – deadline May 1
Grainger scholarships are available strictly for BCT students. Eligible students must have:
- successfully completed at least 12 hours of coursework in the program
- minimum 2.5 GPA
- financial need (as determined by the ACC Financial Aid Office)
The Grainger scholarship can be used for tuition, books, fees and required tools.
Faulkner Construction Scholarship
The Royce & Donna Faulkner endowed scholarship is available strictly for construction students. Eligible students must have at least a 2.5 GPA. The scholarship can be used for tuition, books and fees. The number of awards and the dollar amount will be based on the funds available; historically it’s usually been around $1,500.
Questions and How to Apply
Tips on writing essay for ACC scholarships
Don’t panic! Just write a paragraph or two about your education and career goals – why you chose ACC and your plans after graduation. That’s all that is needed.
- Write the first draft in a word processor. (see below, Notes on writing a draft for details)
- Consider having someone else read it for content and grammar – ask an instructor or someone from the Learning Lab
- Copy and paste it into the scholarship application
The essay is done!
Notes on writing a draft
All student ACCMail accounts include Google Drive’s word processor; consider using that – your document is available to you from any computer, tablet or mobile phone that is connected to the internet.
- How to activate your ACCMail account. (If you need more help getting your AccMail account set up, contact the Help Desk)
- Help on getting started with Google Drive and docs
Video of April 2010 presentation on scholarships for BCT students
Back to Top