Professional Nursing Student Resources
The ACC Early Alert Referral System (EARS) is a new resource hub for ACC students seeking assistance with Academics, Health Care, Child and Family Care, Mental Health, Transportation, Civil Rights, Food Assistance, and more. Click here to learn more.
As a course requirement in every level of the program, students will be required to take a HESI exam. The purpose of these exams is to analyze students’ ability to apply key concepts taught during the semester. In Level 4, all students are required to take the HESI Exit Exam to evaluate their readiness for the NCLEX examination. Students are responsible for the cost of these exams. Included in this cost is access to the HESI Case Studies and practice exams, which are a valuable addition to your learning.
- HESI Admission Assessment (A2) Information – The A2 purchase code will be sent to you via email as part of your registration confirmation. This will allow you to pay for your HESI exam on the ACC Marketplace.
- Traditional Track HESI Levels 1-4 (Post-Admissions) – Pay online via the ACC Marketplace each semester.
- Mobility Track HESI Levels 1-3 (Post-Admissions) – Pay online via the ACC Marketplace.
Forms and Modules
- Health Data Form / Physical Exam Form
- Initial Program Tuberculosis (TB) Test
- Mid-Progam TB Test
- Medical Clearance for Safe Clinical Practice Form
- Student Reference Request, FERPA Release, and Release of Liability
St. David’s HealthCare
Eastview Campus: The nursing computer lab is located in Rm. 8303. Computers for Health Sciences students are also available in Rm. 9209 between scheduled classes.
Round Rock Campus: The nursing computer lab is located in Rm. 3334.01 and is only available to students who are currently enrolled in the Associate Degree Nursing Program. The nursing testing center is located in Rm. 3334.03.
For students not currently enrolled in a nursing program, other computer labs are available.
All students who withdraw from a Professional Nursing program for any reason, (personal, academics, not meeting clinical standards, check-off etc.) must schedule an Exit Interview with the Assistant Department Chair at their assigned campus via email within a week of stopping attendance.
- CEC: John Nation, email@example.com
- EVC: Amy Simons, firstname.lastname@example.org
- RRC: Sarai Czap, email@example.com
It is the student’s responsibility use ACC’s Online Services to withdraw from all courses prior to the withdrawal deadlines set by the college.
Re-enrollment: When you are ready, please fill out the Request Course Re-enrollment Form. once received, it will take two to three weeks to obtain a response from the Admissions Committee. Please review the re-admission deadlines in the current semester’s student handbook.
Search the Health Sciences Website
Professional Nursing Updates
Health Sciences Hop On Hop Off Information Sessions
General Information Sessions for Health Sciences programs and courses will be held on WebEx on the following dates:
- Tuesday, June 9, 10 a.m. - 12 noon. Click here for more details.
- Thursday, June 11, 2 - 4 p.m. Click here for more details.
Anatomy and Physiology I Assessment Testing Suspended for Summer and Fall 2020 Registration Only
Due to COVID-19, and in response to ACC campuses limiting access to essential personnel only, the A&P I Assessment Test has been suspended for the remainder of this testing period and the Fall testing period. Students will not need permission to register for BIOL 2401 for Summer '20 and Fall '20 registration periods ONLY.Read more
Pass/Fail Grades and HESI testing for Mobility Fall 2020 and Traditional Spring 2021 Associate Degree Nursing Applicants
Austin Community College will offer a Pass/No Pass option for students this Spring 2020 semester in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact on classes.Read more