Professional Nursing Student Resources
The ACC Early Alert Referral System (EARS) is a new resource hub for ACC students seeking assistance with Academics, Health Care, Child and Family Care, Mental Health, Transportation, Civil Rights, Food Assistance, and more. Click here to learn more.
Refer to the ACC Bookstore for all required textbooks and course materials. Level 1 students will find all their course materials on the ACC Bookstore website under course RNSG 1413.
- Required EHR Tutor Software subscription:
Students are required to purchase a subscription to EHR Tutor for Electronic Medical Records. Students may subscribe directly through the self-pay option from the vendor’s website or purchase the access card through the ACC Bookstore along with their other course materials. If you are purchasing directly, INSTRUCTIONS COMING SOON; if you are going through the bookstore you will find this resource listed along with your other required materials under course RNSG 1413.
- If you plan to purchase via the Vendor’s website, DO NOT purchase the subscription until the week before classes begin.
- If purchasing through the bookstore, DO NOT activate your access card until instructed by your Faculty. It is recommend that you purchase this software subscription directly through the vendor’s website, unless you are required to purchase through the ACC Bookstore due to Financial Aid/Capital Idea.
As a course requirement in every level of the program, students will be required to take a HESI exam. The purpose of these exams is to analyze students’ ability to apply key concepts taught during the semester. In Level 4, all students are required to take the HESI Exit Exam to evaluate their readiness for the NCLEX examination. Students are responsible for the cost of these exams. Included in this cost is access to the HESI Case Studies and practice exams, which are a valuable addition to your learning.
The HESI fee must be paid every semester enrolled, regardless if you are a readmitted student and did not take the HESI exam in the previous semester. The HESI fee not only pays for the exam, it gives students continued access to the resources per semester. There are no exceptions or exemptions. All students enrolled must pay every semester. Students with a voucher from Capital Idea or Workforce will upload a copy of their voucher for this requirement each semester.
- HESI Admission Assessment (A2) Information – The A2 purchase code will be sent to you via email as part of your registration confirmation. This will allow you to pay for your HESI exam on the ACC Marketplace.
- Traditional Track HESI Levels 1-4 (Post-Admissions) – Pay online via the ACC Marketplace each semester.
- Mobility Track HESI Levels 1-3 (Post-Admissions) – Pay online via the ACC Marketplace.
- Health Data Form / Physical Exam Form
- Initial Program Tuberculosis (TB) Test
- Mid-Program TB Test
- Medical Clearance for Safe Clinical Practice Form
- Student Reference Request, FERPA Release, and Release of Liability
St. David’s HealthCare
- St. David’s Bridging the Gap Modules (Complete Modules 1-4 only)
- St. David’s Mandatory Education Module and Post Test
- St. David’s Meditech Access Request Form and Confidentiality & Security Agreement
- St. Davids ICARE My Commitment to Our Values Form
- St. David’s Statement of Responsibility
- St. David’s USP <800>: Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs Module and Post Test
Eastview Campus: The nursing computer lab is located in Rm. 8303. Computers for Health Sciences students are also available in Rm. 9209 between scheduled classes.
Round Rock Campus: The nursing computer lab is located in Rm. 3334.01 and is only available to students who are currently enrolled in the Associate Degree Nursing Program. The nursing testing center is located in Rm. 3334.03.
For students not currently enrolled in a nursing program, other computer labs are available.
All students who withdraw from a Professional Nursing program for any reason, (personal, academics, not meeting clinical standards, check-off etc.) must schedule an Exit Interview with the Assistant Department Chair at their assigned campus via email within a week of stopping attendance.
- CEC: John Nation, email@example.com
- EVC: Amy Simons, firstname.lastname@example.org
- RRC: Sarai Czap, email@example.com
It is the student’s responsibility use ACC’s Online Services to withdraw from all courses prior to the withdrawal deadlines set by the college.
Re-enrollment: When you are ready, please fill out the Request Course Re-enrollment Form. once received, it will take two to three weeks to obtain a response from the Admissions Committee. Please review the re-admission deadlines in the current semester’s student handbook.
Search the Health Sciences Website
Professional Nursing Updates
Free PCR Testing for Students & Faculty
Free PCR Testing for COVID-19 is available to students and faculty at the following links:Read more
TEAS Testing Requirements for Health Sciences Applicants
A TEAS Exam score is required to apply to the following programs: Dental Hygiene, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiology, and Vocational Nursing.
If you are not applying to one of the programs above, then you are not required to take the TEAS Exam at this time. Please refer to the Application Process page for your program to see all application requirements.Read more
Pass/Fail Grades and HESI Testing for Associate Degree Nursing Applicants
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact on classes, Austin Community College will offer a Pass/No Pass option for students who enrolled in the Spring 2020 semester.Read more