Professional Nursing Student Resources
The ACC Early Alert Referral System (EARS) is a new resource hub for ACC students seeking assistance with Academics, Health Care, Child and Family Care, Mental Health, Transportation, Civil Rights, Food Assistance, and more. Click here to learn more.
- Licensure Eligibility
- Nursing Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Associate Degree Nursing Student Association (ADNSA)
- ACC Nursing Peer-to-Peer Support Group
- Graduation Information
- Job Opportunities
- RN-to-BSN Articulation Programs
Nursing Skills Lab
- Nursing Skills Lab (locations/hours of operation)
- Nursing Skills Performance Mastery Checklists
- ADN Proficiency Review Module (for transferring or students re-enrolling in RNSG 1341)
- ACC Early Alert Referral System (EARS) – A new resource hub for ACC students seeking assistance with Academics, Health Care, Child and Family Care, Mental Health, Transportation, Civil Rights, Food Assistance, and more.
- Counseling – If you encounter situational crises or difficulty being successful, a counselor can help. Other services provided by counselors are career assessment and academic advising. Services are available by faculty referral, appointment, or walk in.
- Financial Aid Services – Offices are located at both Round Rock (RRC) and Eastview (EVC) Campuses. Nursing students assigned to the CEC are served by EVC or the campus most convenient. Financial Aid services are available by walk in, phone or appointment.
- Library Services – Libraries and Reference Librarians are available on each campus, including CEC. Reference Librarian services are available by walk in, appointment, e-mail, or phone during business hours. After-hours services are accessed via AskAcademic chat service.
- Student Accessibility Services and Assistive Technology (SAS) – Offices are at both Round Rock (RRC) and Eastview (EVC) Campuses. Nursing students assigned to the CEC Campus may be served by EVC but may go to the campus most convenient. Contact SAS if you believe you qualify for these services. Their staff will meet with you to determine reasonable, appropriate, and effective accommodations based on the enrolled courses and requirements.
- Tutoring – Nursing tutors have offices at Eastview (EVC), Round Rock (RRC) and the Clinical Education Center (CEC) at Brackenridge. Nursing tutors are available to nursing students by faculty referral. General academic tutoring is available at all ACC Learning Labs by walk in or appointment. Students may use the most convenient campus.
Refer to the ACC Bookstore for all required textbooks and course materials. Level 1 students will find all their course materials on the ACC Bookstore website under course RNSG 1413.
- Required ATI/EHR Tutor Software subscription:
Students are required to purchase a subscription to ATI/EHR Tutor for Electronic Medical Records. Students may subscribe directly through the self-pay option from the vendor’s website or purchase the access card through the ACC Bookstore along with their other course materials.
- If you plan to purchase via the Vendor’s website, purchase your subscription the week before classes begin.
- If purchasing through the bookstore, activate your access card as instructed by your Faculty the first week of classes. It is recommend that you purchase this software subscription directly through the vendor’s website, unless you are required to purchase through the ACC Bookstore due to Financial Aid/Capital Idea sponsorship.
- Make a note of your expiration date and set a reminder to renew. If you do not renew your subscription before it expires you may not be able to renew your subscription online and may need to repurchase a new access card.
As a course requirement in every level of the program, students will be required to take an ATI Exit Exam. The purpose of these exams is to analyze students’ ability to apply key concepts taught during the semester. In Level 4, all students are required to take the ATI Exit Exam to evaluate their readiness for the NCLEX examination. Students are responsible for the cost of these exams. Included in this cost is access to the ATI resources, case studies and practice exams, which are a valuable addition to your learning.
The ATI Resource fee must be paid every semester enrolled, regardless if you are a readmitted student and did not take the ATI Exit Exam in the previous semester. The ATI Resource fee not only pays for the exam, it gives students continued access to the resources per semester. There are no exceptions or exemptions. All students enrolled must pay every semester. Students with a voucher from Capital Idea or Workforce will upload a copy of their voucher for this requirement each semester.
- HESI Admission Assessment (A2) Information – The A2 purchase code will be sent to you via email as part of your registration confirmation. This will allow you to pay for your HESI exam on the ACC Marketplace.
- Traditional Track ATI Resource Fee Levels 1-4 (Post-Admissions) – Pay online via the ACC Marketplace each semester.
- Mobility Track ATI Resource Fee Levels 1-3 (Post-Admissions) – Pay online via the ACC Marketplace.
- CPR Certification Information
- Flu Shot Information
- Health Insurance Information
- Clinical Requirement Resources
Eastview Campus: The nursing computer lab is located in Rm. 8303. Computers for Health Sciences students are also available in Rm. 9209 between scheduled classes.
Round Rock Campus: The nursing computer lab is located in Rm. 3334.01 and is only available to students who are currently enrolled in the Associate Degree Nursing Program. The nursing testing center is located in Rm. 3334.03.
For students not currently enrolled in a nursing program, other computer labs are available.
All students who withdraw from a Professional Nursing program for any reason, (personal, academics, not meeting clinical standards, check-off etc.) must schedule an Exit Interview with the Assistant Department Chair at their assigned campus via email within a week of stopping attendance.
- CEC: Lori Lucas, [email protected]
- EVC: Natasha Randolph, [email protected]
- RRC: Sarai Czap, [email protected]
- RN-to-BSN: John Nation, [email protected]
It is the student’s responsibility use ACC’s Online Services to withdraw from all courses prior to the withdrawal deadlines set by the college.
Re-enrollment: When you are ready, please fill out the Request Course Re-enrollment Form. once received, it will take two to three weeks to obtain a response from the Admissions Committee. Please review the re-admission deadlines in the current semester’s student handbook.
Search the Health Sciences Website
Professional Nursing Updates
The Immunization and Tests Required Form Has Been Updated
The Immunizations and Tests Required Form has been updated as of May 6, 2022. Please use the latest form when submitting your application requirements. For more information, visit the Immunizations page.Read more
ACC COVID-19 Information
Please check the Coronavirus page often for the latest information on ACC's response to the pandemic.Read more
TEAS Testing Requirements for Health Sciences Applicants
A TEAS Exam score is required to apply to the following programs: Dental Hygiene, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Radiology, and Vocational Nursing.
If you are not applying to one of the programs above, then you are not required to take the TEAS Exam at this time. Please refer to the Application Process page for your program to see all application requirements.Read more